Latest News

Want some Chocolate Hills?

Thursday, January 28, 2010 , Posted by jam at 3:15 PM


  (Picture taken from :www.odditycentral.com)

The first time I saw the picture of Chocolate Hills, I thought it is real hills of chocolates. But I was only in grade school then, I always thought of Hershey's kisses whenever I'm looking at those pictures. But when my older siblings told me that it wasn't made of chocolate I felt disappointed and kinda sad (haha!) Of course being a kid  who have a lot of wild and silly imaginations, I just wish it was real. I once imagined to go there so I can eat as much chocolate I want (What a Dummy!), Anyways now I'm not fantasizing to eat the hills of chocolate anymore, but what I want to do when I got there is to take a lot of pictures and to spend vacation with my family.

Chocolate Hills have a lot of legend and story on how it was formed. Old people believe that it was the giant named Arogo who cried hard after the lost of his girlfriend. His tears scattered from the land dried and become chocolate hills. Another tale is about the two giants who fought and throw rocks at each other, the fight lasted for several days. When the two giant left they forgot to clean their mess and that formed the chocolate hills.

But the true reason of it's Chocolate appearance is because of the dry season, grass that grows all over the hills dies, leaving a dark brown colour just like chocolates. Chocolate Hills is made up of about 1,776, cone-shaped or dome-shaped hills according to wikipedia. Best tourist attraction of Bohol, and was voted as candidate of the Seven Natural Wonders of the Earth.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Really good and informative post,as per implementing new strategies and
    sharing views for camping and discussing many more beautiful places,culture and environment is really appreciating.Thanks.