Latest News

Pagudpud - The Boracay of the north

Thursday, February 25, 2010 , Posted by jam at 4:39 PM

Most awaited month of hot summer break, where do you want to spend it? Not everyone can be so lucky to go to Boracay, but I think, most of us love to go there. I envy like a child whenever I see some of my friends pictures when they visit bora, the sugary white sand beach and the sky blue ocean, their activities that they'd enjoy, I promise I would go there -  but I don't know when (haha!!!). I just hope someone will give this grand vacation as a treat or gift for me.

So much of my Boracay dream, here is something that the northern part of the country is very proud of, The Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte. The beach of Pagudpud can be compare to the Hawaii, because of it's perfect strong winds, excellent for wave surfers. Another version of the famous Boracay because of it's alluring views of clear blue water and fine white sand beaches, Pagudpud promises visitors nothing but magnificent summer getaway experience.

How to get there

If your going to Pagudpud from Manila, get a direct trip from Florida Bus Line, its terminal is located in Sampaloc, Manila. Bus company heading to northern Luzon offer Manila-Laoag trips like Partas, Baliwag and Fariсas.

From Laoag, is a two hour jeepney ride to Pagudpud. To go to Saud, ask the driver to drop you off at Baduang Market then take a Tricycle to Saud - the beach resort. 

The 12-hour travel by bus to this place is worth it, what with the pristine beach and lagoons and waterfalls so breathtaking. The Mabogabog Falls, Bantay Abot-abot cave, Bangui Windmills and Paoay church will take your summer vacation into a one of a kind getaway.

Currently have 0 comments: